Monday 20 January 2014

VISUAL PRODUCT. PRT 1

                                                           VISUAL PRODUCT.

I have decided to create a design for a dress for my visual. I have been looking over the essays I  gave in which mostly talked about the impact  through out different eras has had on fashion.So I decided to mix and match different eras of fashion together to bring out a different out come which would consist of different styles that still would be flowing and appealing,not a sour to your eyes.

I wanted to create something that's edgy and out there but I wanted to make it that any woman could pull it off and not be afraid to wear some thing like this. I decided to take pieces from an iconic costume from the 1940's  worn by Ginger Rodgers in the movie lady in the dark .


Since the moment I set eyes on this dress I loved it as I love that idea of a costume ,because it lets you look like a totally different person ,It gives you confidence and lets you play an other role were you can be anything you would like to.Although at first the dress gives you the illusion of just a simple long dress with just some embellishments on the top ,if you look closer the bottom  half opens straight through the middle and reveals the true inside of the dress.
This actually really got me thinking about what I would do to the dress to make it more modern and up to date but still have that vintage feel to it . How the dress opens gave me an idea ,in the dress we see here you actually have to hold the dress up to see the inside which I didn't really like ,so how could i do some thing like this on the bottom but will not loose the fun in it ,SLITS .I taught about it and actually said yea if I add two long slits in the bottom of the dress on each side  it would still have the same effect but different at the same time .

No comments:

Post a Comment